Star was with us when Julia was born, just like she was with Molly. She cut the cord for both of our girls. I am so glad that she was there with Paul and Julia since I was a little out of commission after the delivery. Star was at home with us the day Julia finally came home from the NICU! Star also put her amazing talents to use by making a beautiful slide show of Julia's pictures for the memorial.
Dana was able to fly in from Florida to visit Julia over the Mother's Day weekend. I was so thankful that they made a special exception to let Dana visit Julsie since no one other than the parents and grandparents are allowed in NICU. While Dana was here she took care of Molly and filled our freezer with delicious meals!



Jamie and I had a blast working together many years ago and we've remained good friends. When she had her daughter on December 3rd (the day after Molly's 3rd birthday!) I was so glad to add her to my list of awesome mommy friends. Jamie was so great with Julia. She came over every chance she got and brought us many delicious meals. She surprised Paul and I with gorgeous framed family pictures and her husband Michael also surprised us an awesome slide show of all of Julia's pictures. Jamie's daugher, Avery, also had a very special bond with Julia. She would watch Julia and get the most concerned look on her face whenever Julsie cried. It was the sweetest thing. One day she was so tired and just wouldn't fall asleep because she was too busy looking over at Julia with big eyes every time she fussed. Finally Julia settled down and within seconds Avery fell sound asleep in the swing.

Lindsay came every Thursday and watched Julia while I took a wonderful nap. Lindsay gave up her days off to be with sweet Julia and I was so grateful to be able to sleep knowing someone so loving was holding my baby girl.

Nicole came in for a week to stay with us and help take care of Julia. She was amazing. She stepped right into our crazy schedule and made it her own. I am so glad she got so spend so much quality time with sweet little Julia. Nicole, Rylee and her aunt, Tia Loula, had a trip planned to come stay with us and they arrived the night that we took Julia to the hospice house. Nicole and her aunt worked with Danielle to surprise us with a gorgeous butterfly release at Julia's funeral. Tia Loula took charge of feeding us all the entire time she was here and we enjoyed some true feasts!
Leslie is a friend from college who I reconnected with near the end of my pregnancy. At that time we still didn't know Julia's diagnosis, but Leslie's unborn son, Carter, had already been diagnosed with Trisomy 13. Needless to say, when Julia was diagnosed, we developed a very deep bond. Leslie and I talked for countless hours and prayed together for our sweet little babies. I know that Julia and Carter are playing in heaven together and can't wait to show us around one day.
Kirsten is another wonderful friend from college who lost her son to SIDS 5 years ago. Christian was the most gorgeous little boy and was blessed with the strongest parents I have ever met. Kirsten and her husband have given so much love and support to us. They told me last weekend that they always wondered why Christian died, but now they know that it was because God was going to need them to minister to both Leslie and me one day. They are amazing role models on how to have a strong, lasting family and I am so glad to see that life can be happy and "normal" again after the loss of a baby. I am positive that Christian met Carter and Julia as they arrived in heaven.

Jamie and I had a blast working together many years ago and we've remained good friends. When she had her daughter on December 3rd (the day after Molly's 3rd birthday!) I was so glad to add her to my list of awesome mommy friends. Jamie was so great with Julia. She came over every chance she got and brought us many delicious meals. She surprised Paul and I with gorgeous framed family pictures and her husband Michael also surprised us an awesome slide show of all of Julia's pictures. Jamie's daugher, Avery, also had a very special bond with Julia. She would watch Julia and get the most concerned look on her face whenever Julsie cried. It was the sweetest thing. One day she was so tired and just wouldn't fall asleep because she was too busy looking over at Julia with big eyes every time she fussed. Finally Julia settled down and within seconds Avery fell sound asleep in the swing.
Hannah is a wonderful new friend in the neighborhood. She and Danielle worked out a schedule to take Molly to and from school since I wasn't able to drive with Julia. Hannah was amazing with Julia, she had a magic touch and could calm Julia instantly and was always able to rock her to sleep on her shoulder.
Taylor is another friend from college and a fellow journalism major. She and our friend, Jeni, came to visit Julia and the next day she wrote the most beautiful blog about my sweet girl. I was so touched by Taylor's words that I asked her if she would one day speak at Julia's Memorial service. She did just that and everyone at the service was moved - I have heard from several people that Taylor's speech really touched their hearts. She's just one of those people who can say things so beautifully. To read her perfect words click here: http://cokerfamilyupdates.blogspot.com/2008/08/no-words.html


And last but certainly not least... my dear friend Danielle is amazing. I don't even know where to begin, she took such great care of us. After Julia was born, Danielle set up a food delivery system with all of our friends and we had a delicious meal magically appear in our garage fridge every other day for six weeks. Paul and I just couldn't get over every one's generosity and Danielle's organizational skills! She also shuttled Molly to and from school and kept her at her house so I could have time alone with Julia. She held our little angel every chance she got and helped make her funeral and memorial service beautiful occasions fitting of our sweet Julia.
No comments:
Post a Comment