Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We're Home!

We ended up being in Austin a lot longer than I thought! Molly and I left MiMi's on Saturday after living with her for 9 days. Molly was so upset and cried for about 15 minutes after we pulled out of the driveway. She kept begging to stay at MiMi's and managed to talk me into letting her sit on her favorite horse just one more time before we left.
I feel horrible saying it, but Molly and I had a great time while we were in Austin - poor Paul was home with no a/c driving all over Houston getting the stores back up and running while also working his regular job!
We made the most of our trip... we spent lots of fun time with MiMi - Molly got to play with the horses, feed them and even ate dinner in the barn with them one night. Melanie had her baby on Sunday, so I got to visit baby Lilah in the hospital when she was just a few hours old! We hit the San Marcos outlet mall, spent a day at Zilker Park, played at the Children's Museum, ate the best donuts at Lone Star Bakery, went in search of Round Rock's "round rock", visited MiMi at her bank, went to see the capitol building and had a fun lunch at the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. No wonder Molly was so sad to leave. Houston is sooo boring compared to Austin!
Eating dinner in the barn with Doc

Working the drive-thru at MiMi's bankLone Star Bakery's Round Rock donuts... YUM!!The round rock after which Round Rock, TX was namedMolly playing in the water at Zilker ParkSome tricky swinging at Zilker ParkMolly having the most difficult staring contest of her lifeMolly and her cousins, Lerra & Leyna Sassy-britches in front of the Capitol BuildingMolly & Montana

No comments: