Wednesday, January 21, 2009

End of the Road Trip!

Yay! This will be my last blog entry about the never-ending road trip!

Friday morning we woke up in Orlando, got in the car and headed for Destin where we spent the night. We woke up Saturday morning and headed east on I-10 for New Orleans. In Mobile, Alabama we stopped for lunch at a hole-in-the-wall BBQ restaurant that Paul found online. It was AMAZING! I haven't eaten meat in 5 months and I devoured a pulled pork sandwich. Daddy was really impressed when Molly went to town on her half chicken. It was the first time she's eaten meat off the bone and thought it was sooo yummy. (I am glad she's not a nancy like her mommy. I get so stinking grossed out by bones!)Mr. Jerry, the owner, asked Molly to sign the wall - she wasn't sure how Daddy and I would react, but after we told her it was OK, she thought it was pretty cool!Paul was in heaven! This man LOVES his BBQ!Molly snapping bones off of her chicken carcass...Saturday we woke up in New Orleans and enjoyed coffee and beingets at Cafe du Monde. Molly thought they were just about the yummiest things she's ever eaten!
After our yummy breakfast we explored New Orleans for a bit then agreed it was FINALLY time to head home!

Molly all buckled in for our last leg of the trip!


1 comment:

Taylor said...

What a truly amazing trip! It looks as if you all had the most incredible time!

Many smiles!