Friday, June 26, 2009

End of 2009 Swim Team

Molly is third from the right on the first row.

Wednesday evening we went to the "End of Season" party for Molly's swim team. We're both sad and ELATED that swim team is over for the year. It's been so stinking hot at all of the meets that I wasn't even able to go to more than an hour of the last one. It was even too hot to hang out at the pool Wednesday night... it was still 98 at 7pm, we came home to swim in our pool, but the water was so warm it wasn't even refreshing!

Molly was so excited to get her trophy from her coaches, they told her she was the "Most Fearless" kid on the team. They also passed out the team pictures and ribbons for the season. We didn't know it, but Molly won 2nd place in two different races!! They were both for the freestyle race, one in her first meet and one at her second! We're so proud!! We had no idea she actually scored points for the team.
YAY, MOLLY!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh, I SO loved swim team when I was a kid. I am so sad that we do not have that here like they do in your area! Sad!

Carrie said...

Go Molly!! It seems like that season went by so fast!

Jamie said...

Is it just the sun or were there a ton of red-heads on this team?

Datra said...

I think it must be the sun... Molly's hair looks a lot lighter than normal too.. (Oh how I miss those curls!!!)