Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome Little One!

I am so very excited to announce that Marshall Benjamin Quin joined our family Wednesday July 29th at 8:53pm. His delivery was amazingly quick and easy. We got to the hospital Wednesday afternoon at 1:30pm and at 2:45 my nurse started the Pitocin drip to get labor going. By 7:30pm I was at 6cm and at 8:40 I was a 10! The doctor arrived a few minutes later and I started pushing around 8:45pm. I only had to push through 2 contractions and at 8:53pm Marshall easily and effortlessly made his debut. Paul scrutinized every inch of his body and quickly let me know that he was absolutely PERFECT! He weighed in at 8lbs 7oz and was 20.25 inches long. We both can't get over how amazingly blessed we are. He is such a sweet little guy, hardly cries or makes a fuss and when he does he's easily soothed and quickly falls back to sleep.

Molly has been so excited to meet her brother for several months now, and couldn't be more in love with him. She came running into the delivery room with a huge grin on her face after he was born and insisted on holding him and singing "Rock-a-bye-baby" to him right away. Since we've been home she loves checking on him and giving him kisses, although she holds her nose when she does it because apparenly he smells like play-dough to her. (We're not quite sure what that's all about...)

Here are some pictures to enjoy of our new little man and his first few days.... Honestly, I don't think we could be more in love with the little guy. He's an absolute joy and a true blessing from above!Patiently waiting for baby Marshall...
Nothing like getting a manicure while waiting to have a baby!Just seconds old... First kiss from one VERY relieved and already in love daddy!Aunt Star with the third Quin baby she's watched being born,
having a baby just wouldn't be the same without her!
The QuinsMolly holding her brother for the first time!I just love this picture!Kisses from Mommy

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love him so much too! He is amazing!

Love you guys!

Taylor said...

Oh my goodness...He is BEAUTIFUL! I am so, so, so excited for you all. Congratulations!

So many blessings,
Taylor

Y said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Loved the pictures, Datra you looked GREAT, I can't believe you had just given birth!
Marshall is adorable, he's got so much hair!
love y'all!
Yara

Carrie said...

I'm so glad the labor went well! He is absolutely gorgeous and we cannot wait to meet him! Pierce and Marshall are going to be best buds, I know it.