Tuesday, March 9, 2010

7 Months

Marshall turned 7 months-old last Sunday. I just can't believe how quickly time is screaming by! Since school will be out in a little over 2 months, I have already started planning some of Molly's summer activities. This made me realize that Marshall's first signs, first steps, first birthday and first words are just around the corner!

As for now, the little man is trucking along doing his baby thing, and bringing immeasurable joy to our little family. We can finally see evidence of his first tooth, (bottom right) and, as a result, the baby Tylenol has become a much sought-after item in our home. Molly has a good eye for spotting the missing dropper and will quickly run to fetch it when asked (since she knows it often soothes our crying boy).

Marshall is starting to get up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. But, as soon as we get excited, he does a belly-flop and gets going on his army-crawl. Man, that kid can sure get around on his belly - once he sees a toy he wants, he gets so excited and starts breathing hard. Then he makes his way across the floor destroying anything in his path.

Marshall loves for us to stack things for him (cups, rings or blocks) and will scoot over to them and immediately knock 'em over. He thinks that's pretty darn funny. I can totally see the "boy" coming out in him!

On Sundays, Marshall goes to the nursery at church. I am so happy that he does so well with the sweet ladies who watch him. There is always a chorus of "Oh, Mar-Chal!" when he comes in the room. They are so sweet to him.

On Wednesdays, Marshall goes to Bible Study with me, and I am so lucky that Ms. Molly and Molly's teacher from last year, Ms. Holly, are there to take care of him in the nursery. They just adore him, and it makes me grin knowing that Ms. Molly has a hard time keeping her hands off of him!

We're still struggling with Mr. Man's night-time schedule. He's still waking up every 4 hours to eat, but it's gotten a little easier now that he is taking bottles and Daddy can feed him at least once a night for me. Hopefully bottles will become his only source of milk in the next month. Now that his little chomper is coming in, I am in even more of a hurry to get him weaned!

This last weekend I went on a girl's trip to the Texas Hill Country, and Marshall and I had our first two nights apart. Thank goodness MiMi was able to come in to help daddy since he had Molly's soccer game on Saturday and the rodeo/Jonas concert on Sunday.

I sure was happy to see my little guy Sunday night. He was so confused when I got home, he looked at me, smiled, then buried his head in Ms. Robin's shoulder and started to cry. It was so weird! As soon as I took him, he nuzzled into me, and I just melted!

Almost ready to crawl, then belly-splat!Two of my favorite all-boy shots!
I had to include some cute pictures of the kids rough-housing with PaulAction shot of Marshall snatching the glasses right off Daddy's face:

3 comments:

Jeni said...

crazy how fast they are growing isn't it! I can't believe how much quicker its going then the 1st time around. he is adorable for sure!

Carrie said...

I love the new pics--makes me miss you guys!

Leslie said...

Great pics, Marshall makes me want to have a little boy sooo bad!! He's just sooo cute!