Saturday, January 24, 2009

Julia's Rose

While Nicole and her aunt, Tia Loula, were here for Julia's funeral, Tia Loula came up with the idea of planting a memorial garden for Julia. We decided that in the spring I would start working on the flower bed in the back corner of our yard. Last week I was looking out the window and noticed a beautiful pink rose in full bloom in that very flower bed. The crazy part is that we've never had roses in that flower bed, nor is there any sign of a rose bush now. Just one stem growing straight out of the ground with the most gorgeous bloom on top. It made me smile and now I can't wait to start working on Julsie's garden as soon as the weather warms up a bit!
This was the perfect week for the rose to bloom, Julia would have been 9 months old on the 21st.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

How beautiful!

Know she is thought about, honored and loved each and every day...

Jeni said...

If that is not a sign from God, I don't know what is! That is amazing.

I don't think there is a day that goes by that I don't think of her...