Sunday, May 31, 2009

Swim Meet #2

Molly had her second swim meet bright and early Saturday morning... I really had no idea what kind of time commitment swim team was when we signed up!! Paul took Molly to her first meet last week since I had a previously scheduled date with Lindsay and Danielle at the San Marcos outlet malls. I was shocked to learn that the meet started at 7am and ended around 11am. This week was no different. We got up to the pool by 7:15, made camp under a shady tree and waited with all the other families for our kid's first race.

Molly's racing line-upMolly's first race was a relay. I didn't get any good shots of her swimming, but this blurry one of her team-mate giving her the thumbs-up after Molly finished her leg made me laugh.Molly's second race was freestyle. She got a little nevous while waiting for her race on the ready-benches...Waiting for the buzzer...Swimming her little heart out... She swam the entire length of the pool without stopping once! We were so proud of her!! There were several 6 year-olds who had to take breaks during their lap.She came in FIRST in her heat!! She was so stinking proud of herself!! Can you feel the pride!?!?Ready for race #3... BackstrokeShe ROCKED it!
She bumped the lane marker a few times, but once again swam the length of the pool without stopping!Daddy giving his future Olympian a boost out of the poolShe came in first in her heat in both freestyle and backstroke!I had to include this picture of another swimmer's smack-talk.
At the start of the meet the bigger girls spent a lot of time giggling while decorating each other's backs with Sharpies.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so proud of her!! That is amazing! Good job, Molly!!

Leslie said...

I'm so proud, that is really awesome!!! She's a natural that's for sure!