Sunday, December 19, 2010

Molly Quin, Lizard Whisperer

Molly has always loved catching frogs, lizards and small snakes. She loves to play with them and begs us to let her keep them as pets.

On this particular day, Molly found a lizard and played with the poor guy for well over an hour. Paul's dad and sister were both coming over for Paul's birthday so she wanted to wait to release him until she could show him to her Auntie and PawPaw.
By the time PawPaw and Cyndal arrived, the lizard had had enough. While Molly was holding him in her hands, he chomped down on the skin right between her first two fingers. Immediately Molly started screaming like a lunatic - I wasn't sure if she was scared, in pain or just plain mad. I tried not to laugh hysterically while PawPaw pried the little sucker off of Molly's hand. I had no idea lizards had such a serious bite!

After begging us to let her keep him, Molly quickly changed her tune and told PawPaw to kill the lizard. Instead, we convinced her that the little guy was probably just scared and biting her hand was the only way he could think to be freed. I am so upset that I didn't have the camera next to me when the bite occurred. I wish I could show you that little lizard dangling from Molly's hand while she screamed bloody murder. I'm curious to see what Molly does the next time she has the opportunity to catch a lizard.

No comments: